As the weather changes, so does our hair and skin's need for TLC. This can cause you to dread your daily beauty routine which is stressful and just plain unfair! With what seems like so much maintenance and so little time, we want to provide you with the top tips for small but effective beauty changes this winter, bound to make your life easier and your busy days enjoyable!
Healthy Skin. Healthy Hair.
1. Even though we're not moving into the sunnier months, always use that SPF! If makeup is a part of your daily routine, make sure to clean your brushes frequently and gently apply a SPF based foundation.
2. Hydrate like crazy! Aside from drinking a lot of water, make sure to apply a hydrating lotion or moisturizer to your face and body each morning and before bed if possible, preferably after a shower. This also includes finding a good, moisturizing lip stick or lip balm. Proper moisturization prevents dry, cracked skin which can be bothersome and painful! We recommend using Davines Authentic Nourishing Oil.
2. Exfoliate skin 3 times a week to remove dead skin for a brighter, youthful effect. This creates the perfect surface for any other skincare products to be absorbed, making for the best impact! Our favorite is a sugar scrub since they are meant to be gentle on the skin.
3. While exfoliating and moisturizing is important, it's also crucial to be easy on your lovely skin. Let it breathe every now and then by using a humidifier but avoid using harsh temperatures when showering. This allows for skin to feel and look refreshed while defeating redness and dryness!
4. Apply a hair mask 1 time a week to repair and hydrate locks, making them healthier and shiny! Give the award-winning Davines Nounou shampoo a try!
5. Use a wet brush or wide tooth comb with a detangler when hair is clean and damp. Brushing hair while it's wet can cause hair to snap! Try Davines OI Leave In Milk. It helps to protect, detangle, defrizz, hydrate and strengthen hair with its main power house ingredient Roucou.
6. Balayage your solid hair color to create dimensions and brighten the face!
7. Create a new texture to your locks and go wavy. Prior to curling, spray each section of hair for protection then once it's all curled, take a brush and break it down. Finish with a dime size of OI Oil to soften and smooth ends.
8. Bored with your hair but scared to experiment with any physical changes? Change up your products and invest in tools like the Hot Tools 3/4” wand. Top it off with the Davines No Gas Spray for hold and shine!
It's important to remember that you already have the beauty part down, gorgeous! Products and tips like these just make it easier for you to maintain the craziness throughout your crazy days, especially with the holidays coming up so quickly! With these hot tips, you'll be sure to stay on your game during this cold season. What beauty changes do you make from season to season? Share in the comments below!