Whether you’re buying something for your Grandma or best girlfriend, it’s important to think about what they’ll really love but not buy for themselves, especially during the holidays. So that you get them the best gifts yet without breaking the bank, we have the perfect gift ideas for you! From beauty boxes to a gift cards, keep reading and learn how to give the gift of beauty this year!
Davines Beauty Box
We currently have a deal going on for our Davines beauty boxes! All through December, buy 2 get 1 free on all Davines products and receive a free gift box with this purchase while supplies last! These beauty boxes come with some of our favorite all natural products that we use everyday on our clients. Not only do the products come in an adorable box, saving you wrapping time, they also come as a daily routine set with products such as the Davines OI shampoo, conditioner, and All in One Milk hydrating detangler!
We currently have a Davines deal going on! Stop in or contact us today!
A Salon Day Gift Card
One of the main things that people neglect to buy themselves is a day at the salon. This is even more likely during the holidays as there’s so much going on, making self-TLC the last thing on their to do list. Whether you’ve heard your BFF wanting to try a new color or your Sister in need of a cut & style, make their Christmas gift one that lasts longer than just a regular visa gift card. Stop in the salon or give us a call today to purchase a gift card for all your favorite beauties in life!
Beauty Dupe Stocking Stuffers
While we love quality beauty brands, we know everyone loves their products at a reasonable price. To keep things simple, gifting your beauty-lovers with simple stocking stuffers is the perfect way to give them what they love while keeping things affordable. The best way to do this is with some “beauty dupe” research. Since that takes time, we thought we’d gift you with the perfect beauty dupe list for both hair and makeup products! See below!
All in all, make sure to take it easy on yourself when finding the perfect gifts this year. It’s easier than you think and all it takes is a little research to get some good, efficient ideas. No matter who you’re shopping for, you now have the perfect list to get started. Let’s go shopping!
What are some ideas that would go on your beauty gift guide? Share below!
After declaring ourselves a sustainable Davines salon, you might be able to tell that the brand holds some of our most favorite products. While we’ve included many of their products in our posts and in our salon routines for clients, we wanted to give you a narrowed down list of our top favorite products and list the reasons why we love them so much!
1. OI All in One Milk
Sometimes, there’s a product that does it all! From hydrating, to detangling, to minimizing frizz, the OI All in One Milk is one of Davines’ top rated products. Whether you have flyaways or frizz, running it through your locks after a shower keeps things feeling fresh and looking smooth. The scent and miracle working ingredient? Roucou oil - a naturally rich oil that provides hydration and stimulates melanin!
2. Award Winning OI Shampoo & Conditioner
After being named the go-to daily shampoo and conditioner by Refinery 29, it’s no wonder why we think of them as heaven on earth! Once they’ve been evenly applied and rinsed (very little application needed), hair is smoother, shinier, and more voluminous than ever. Being infused with the beloved Roucou oil that's full of beta-carotene & antioxidants, hair also gains strength and a gorgeously fresh smell. We only have one warning - once you try it you’ll want to use it forever!
3. OI Absolute Beautifying Potion Oil
During the Winter and Summer months, hair takes a beating. Whether it’s from constant styling or chlorine, it’s most likely to go through a dry and damaging rough patch. Since this is quite unavoidable, it’s important to have a good product on hand all year long. Not only does the OI Oil size make for the perfect stocking stuffer & fit perfectly in a handbag, it’s useful to apply it whether you’re styling your hair or not. Apply after a shower for smooth, shiny locks and let dry, or run through those little spurts of flyaways once you’ve already styled your hair.
There’s nothing better than an innovative, brand new color-treatment brought into the world of beauty. Flamboyage isn’t so much a product as it a technique to develop a more natural color with incredible dimension. Using some of Davines top quality color products, we’ve incorporated flamboyage as one of our most favored color treatments and our clients agree! The creative application technique makes for some amazingly blended color affects. Stop in the salon today or contact us for more information on Flamboyage!
Giving you the rundown on our favorite products means letting you in on our hair care philosophy and values. Davines is an all natural-based brand which is something we hold close to our hearts. It’s important to us that people use a product that’s healthy for their hair and enhances their natural beauty, ultimately instilling confidence. It’s also important that they leave our chairs with a healthy view on beauty and aware that they can live that out in their daily lives. So, what’s your favorite beauty product? We’d love to know!
As the weather changes, so does our hair and skin's need for TLC. This can cause you to dread your daily beauty routine which is stressful and just plain unfair! With what seems like so much maintenance and so little time, we want to provide you with the top tips for small but effective beauty changes this winter, bound to make your life easier and your busy days enjoyable!
Healthy Skin. Healthy Hair.
1. Even though we're not moving into the sunnier months, always use that SPF! If makeup is a part of your daily routine, make sure to clean your brushes frequently and gently apply a SPF based foundation.
2. Hydrate like crazy! Aside from drinking a lot of water, make sure to apply a hydrating lotion or moisturizer to your face and body each morning and before bed if possible, preferably after a shower. This also includes finding a good, moisturizing lip stick or lip balm. Proper moisturization prevents dry, cracked skin which can be bothersome and painful! We recommend using Davines Authentic Nourishing Oil.
2. Exfoliate skin 3 times a week to remove dead skin for a brighter, youthful effect. This creates the perfect surface for any other skincare products to be absorbed, making for the best impact! Our favorite is a sugar scrub since they are meant to be gentle on the skin.
3. While exfoliating and moisturizing is important, it's also crucial to be easy on your lovely skin. Let it breathe every now and then by using a humidifier but avoid using harsh temperatures when showering. This allows for skin to feel and look refreshed while defeating redness and dryness!
4. Apply a hair mask 1 time a week to repair and hydrate locks, making them healthier and shiny! Give the award-winning Davines Nounou shampoo a try!
5. Use a wet brush or wide tooth comb with a detangler when hair is clean and damp. Brushing hair while it's wet can cause hair to snap! Try Davines OI Leave In Milk. It helps to protect, detangle, defrizz, hydrate and strengthen hair with its main power house ingredient Roucou.
6. Balayage your solid hair color to create dimensions and brighten the face!
7. Create a new texture to your locks and go wavy. Prior to curling, spray each section of hair for protection then once it's all curled, take a brush and break it down. Finish with a dime size of OI Oil to soften and smooth ends.
8. Bored with your hair but scared to experiment with any physical changes? Change up your products and invest in tools like the Hot Tools 3/4” wand. Top it off with the Davines No Gas Spray for hold and shine!
It's important to remember that you already have the beauty part down, gorgeous! Products and tips like these just make it easier for you to maintain the craziness throughout your crazy days, especially with the holidays coming up so quickly! With these hot tips, you'll be sure to stay on your game during this cold season. What beauty changes do you make from season to season? Share in the comments below!